- The Epoch Times is the first and only media that exposes the true nature, impact, and ultimate goal of communism. We explain how communist ideology has spread around the world in different forms and caused damage to our moral foundation and to Eastern and Western traditions. We also discuss the outcomes of socialism and its impact on countries’ economic and political stability. We believe that the media has a duty to be upright and responsible to society.
- The Epoch Times is independent of any influence from corporations, governments, or political parties. Our only goal is to bring our readers accurate information and to be responsible to the public.
- The Epoch Times is nonpartisan and values-based. We believe true journalism is based on moral principles. We focus on important issues and on policies and their impact, not partisanship. We report the truth in the midst of a biased media environment. We don’t follow the unethical trend of agenda-driven journalism, but instead use our principles of Truth and Tradition as our guiding light to report honestly.
The Epoch Times was founded in 2000, the aim being to bring truthful and uncensored news to people immersed in the Chinese Communist regime’s propaganda.
Our founder, John Tang, left China after the Tiananmen Square massacre in order to study physics in the United States. He thought he had left the communist system behind.
However, after seeing that the Chinese Communist Party’s propaganda was being spread throughout the world, he started The Epoch Times in his basement in Atlanta, Georgia, to offer a perspective independent of the communist regime.
A few months after we began publishing, our reporters were arrested in China. They were given three- to ten-year prison terms for the “crime” of reporting the truth. Some were tortured. From the beginning, we’ve been committed to getting the truth out under difficult circumstances. This is and will forever be part of our DNA.
Over the last 19 years, we’ve built The Epoch Times into a stalwart bastion of news that equips people with the facts—free from ideology—and allows them to make up their own minds on crucial topics.
By exposing unscrupulous people and groups who subvert our society, and by truthfully reporting, we’re ensuring a bright future for our children and grandchildren.
We are headquartered in New York City and have grown into an international media outlet that publishes in 23 languages.
- Truthful news at a time when fake, skewed, or inaccurate news is widespread
- News and issues that matter instead of trivial or sensational stories
- True independence without spin and free from political agenda and influence
- Positive and inspiring aspects of stories that give people joy and optimism – like a life companion or friend for people to lean on
- Truthful reporting on the most important topics: Important China-related news that other media often choose to omit
- Coverage of Canadian national news and U.S. news – such as the Trump administration and Spygate – that other media do not report, or report in a distorted and biased way
- Traditional journalism that upholds virtue, ethics, and morality in the face of degenerated and corrupt journalistic practices
- Exposure of the pervasive, worldwide influence of communism—an imminent threat that seeks to destroy traditional values and break apart stable societies
- Reports on traditional cultures and ancient wisdom that hold the keys to unlocking health, well-being, and enduring happiness
- Encouragement of integrity, humanity, and hope
Many of our readers tell us that the benefit of The Epoch Times in their lives is so great that they look forward to it even more than television sagas and social media time. The Epoch Times was created for people like you who care about family values, traditional culture, and the future of this nation.
Many of our readers tell us that the benefits of The Epoch Times in their lives is so great that they look forward to it even more than television sagas or social media time.
For the price of a cup of coffee per week, even a single one of our original, in-depth articles makes the price well worth it, many subscribers tell us. Our analysis of mainstream media’s manipulation of public opinion can help bring clarity; we bring you the unadorned facts about stories other media ignore such as Huawei, China’s Confucius Institutes, and the Spygate scandal in the United States.
Many loyal but busy subscribers read only a few of our valuable headlines or perhaps one article, and then share their copy with others, while some subscribers read us cover to cover. Some readers choose to donate to us to bolster their support of our mission. They thank us sincerely and wish they could help out more.
It’s actually very difficult to keep an independent media company going and thriving. Every penny of your subscription cost helps us deliver Truth and Tradition – our motto – to every Canadian. We salute you and we couldn’t do what we’re doing without your support.
Subscribe and you will get Canadian, U.S., and global news, unique commentary and analysis, arts, traditions, culture, family, food, travel, crosswords, puzzles, and more!
The Epoch Times is driven by its mission, not by money.
One of the biggest threats humanity faces is the struggle between freedom and communism. It’s a battle The Epoch Times has been covering from the front lines for the past 19 years, and we’re happy that more and more people have begun to pay close attention to this threat.
The biggest socialist/communist regime on this planet is the Chinese Communist regime, which is one of the biggest threats to the free world. We at The Epoch Times know well its true nature.
Our efforts alone are not enough. We need you to be a part of this journey.
By coming together, we can win this battle. Subscribing to The Epoch Times will equip you with the facts that can help you make up your own mind and contribute positively to society.
Products and Packages
We offer weekly print subscriptions nationwide delivered to your home. We also offer digital subscriptions for you to read online.
Yes, please call 1-800-766-0157 and we will do our best to accomodate you.
The subscriber will automatically be charged in advance based on the subscription plan, which can be monthly, quarterly, semiannually, annually, etc.
All subscriptions renew automatically and the payment will be due and charged at the beginning of each billing cycle unless cancelled.
For “end-of-the-month” cases, if a selected date is not present in a month (say, the 31st) for billing, then the preceding date is selected. The renewal shifts back to the original date in the subsequent month, if available. Example: The customer has signed up for a subscription that renews on the 31st of every month. The renewal of the subscription will fall on Jan. 31, Feb. 28, March 31 and so on; i.e. the subscription will renew on the last day of the month.
- You cannot pay by cheque for monthly plans.
- We do accept cheques for three-month, six-month, and annual plans, but we encourage subscribers to pay by credit card for their convenience and to avoid any interruptions in their subscription.
- If your subscription is cancelled, you can always re-subscribe with us, or pay by credit card, by calling us at 1-800-766-0157 during our business hours.
We will also email you your invoice, and you can also log in to the customer portal to view and download invoices.
You can find the next billing date in your invoice, as well as on the customer portal.
You can log in to the customer portal to change your billing information.
You can log in to the customer portal to view and download invoices.
Yes, you will receive an email confirmation for each credit card payment.
We will try to collect payment, and will contact you by email and/or phone to let you know. If we still cannot collect payment after a period of time, your subscription will be automatically cancelled.
The Epoch Times’ home delivery service is available in limited areas. In areas of the country where our home delivery service is not available, we use Canada Post to deliver the newspaper.
If you don’t receive your paper in 10 days, please call us.
Depending on your location, we deliver by third party distributor or by Canada Post. There may be disparities in delivery times due to your location and other factors.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Canada Post deliveries may be delayed further.
We will redeliver your paper or extend your subscription accordingly.
You can log in to the customer portal to update your shipping information.
You can log in to the customer portal to update your personal information.
You can pause your subscription at any time. Please call us at 1-800-766-0157 to pause your subscription.
Subscriptions can be cancelled at any time during trial. All cancellation requests have to be received prior to the beginning of the next billing cycle. If the cancellation request is not received prior to the beginning of the next billing cycle, the subscriber will be charged for the next billing cycle, and the cancellation will be effective at the end of that billing cycle. All payments are non-refundable.
Cancellations during the trial-period will cause an immediate end of the subscription and the delivery.
All cancellation requests must be processed through the customer service hotline at 1-800-766-0157. A cancellation confirmation email will then be sent to the subscriber.
No refunds will be issued on any of our products. In the event of a cancellation, no future payments will be charged, but we will not refund a prorated amount of the subscription for the days between the cancellation and the end of the current billing cycle. In the rare event that we do offer a refund, it is completely at our discretion and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, and a $25 handling fee will apply.
Missing papers or other delivery issues are not eligible to change the cancellation terms or claim a refund. However, The Epoch Times grants a subscription extension for all missing products to the customer.
Purchased materials will continue to be delivered throughout the remainder of the current subscription unless a request is made to stop receiving the products.
We reserve the right to make changes to our print and digital products at any time.
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (EST)
Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (EST)
Click here to learn about our Subscription Terms & Conditions
Copyright © 2020 The Epoch Times
344 Consumers Rd., Toronto, ON M2J 1P8